So I started feeling the baby a little over a week ago. It's pretty much amazing. Before I could feel it, it was described to me that it would feel like a butterfly flutter. It doesn't. At least not to me. The first time I felt it, it was like the baby was flicking me and it was really low in my abdomen. The baby kind of flicked its way across my bladder. Fun! Since then I have felt what I guess could be described at a "flutter," but now I am on a mission to find a better description. I just don't think flutter does it justice. I also felt the baby actually kick - like it was moving a lot and I just put my hand on my stomach and there was this little tap. So sweet! I don't know what I'm going to do if this baby moves this much when it can actually do some damage!
I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow. Stacy (a friend from FSU who was in my wedding) is getting married, and I have the privilege of standing up front with her while she pledges her life to Josh and enters into a lasting covenant with the Lord. I can't wait to celebrate with her!
On Monday, I fly from FL to Idaho - where I will meet Mike (he leaves from TX on Saturday). We are spending the week with his sister & brother-in-law and our sweet little nephew and niece - before attending another wedding. Mike's biggest influence/mentor is getting married next Saturday - and he is in the wedding. SO FUN! I love weddings. Also - a major highlight of the week will be the time we get to spend with our dear friends Joel & Karli and their precious girls, and Ryan & Dara and their new little boy. The brood is really growing! Wonder if we'll get more "baby-on-the-way" news while we are there!
20 week pics will be here after June 1st. And hopefully a great sono pic will go along with them. Our Dr. appt is June 2nd, so I'll try to post ASAP. You should know - there will be no indication of a specific sex in the sono pic though. We are going to be surprised!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment