I know gardens are so-hot-right-now, so consider Mike and I "on-fire." :)
Mike's parents came in March for 2 weeks (see next post) and during their visit they graciously turned our mostly black thumbs closer to a forest green. We're hoping for kelly green thumbs one day, but after this year realize that will probably take years.
This is the first time I have ever planted anything other than a lima bean. Seriously.
We planted cucumbers, green beans (pole), spinach and bibb lettuce as seeds and then 2 tomato plants and 9 strawberry plants in a hanging thingy (I'm sure that's really what is it called).
Things great really quickly at first.
But now they seem like they've been the same for a while - and we need a pesticide because something is eating our spinach (which we would obviously like to enjoy) and our green bean leaves.
We have strawberries coming right around the corner!
Also - we got two hanging flower plants, we planted an azalea, impatience flowers, and a begonia in a small pot on our front porch. Things are so flowery around here. It's so much better than boring green (unless you're referring to my thumb!)
2 comments:
hey V... aphids ate some of our veggies the first year. you can buy ladybugs online that might help if that's what is eating your spinach. Yummy!
also- if you use soapy water (like in a spray bottle) on the leaves it helps get rid of bugs without having to use a "pesticide" on them!
Post a Comment