Monday, September 22, 2008

Sono today

I had a sonogram today to make sure the baby is growing well and there were a couple parts that were really cool. We learned today that baby has hair! that baby opens and shuts its mouth and sticks its tongue out. that baby is head down and can do the splits (I have one foot in my right ribs and the other foot is by the baby's head - with both hands). that baby has 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 kidneys, 4 chambers in its heart, something called a mainline (I think) in its brain, 2 eyes, a nose, mouth, and at least 1 ear (we could only get one on the screen). that baby is growing about 4 oz. a week instead of 8 oz. like it "should" be. and that baby should weigh about 7 lbs on due date. 

A lot of folks are getting those 3D or 4D sonos and while Mike and I wouldn't have done that with this baby - after getting to see the baby at this point in the pregnancy - I would definitely get one with the next baby (unless we had the opportunity like this time) and recommend getting one to others. You get to see a lot at 20 weeks (about when most folks have a sono to find out the sex) but it isn't nearly as cool as seeing the baby this close. Plus it reminds you that it's not just a mass in your belly and that in 4 weeks (give or take 2 weeks on either side) you will have a beautiful baby. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

2 comments:

emily said...

we are so excited for you guys! The best is yet to come!! You are in our prayers!!!

Alison said...

good luck with your labor and delivery in a few weeks! we'll be keeping you in our prayers :)